“Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort.” Franklin Roosevelt
It is my heartfelt intention to create quirky, fun, inspirational, unique mosaic works of art as an outlet for my deep-rooted creativity. I will be branching out into other mixed media mosaic shapes (maybe birds and animals) and larger mosaic pots and furniture.
I proudly supported the ‘Make a Wish Foundation’ in 2014 – my hearts are made with love and hopefully are ‘feel good hearts that make you smile’.
The creation behind the hearts.
- Every heart is designed around an inspirational phrase or theme depending on the treasures I find and each one is totally unique.
- Whilst a phrase may be revisited, no two pieces of art are ever the same.
- My magpie eye seeks out treasures, both new and vintage to re-love and re-use; gems, jewellery, crockery, conversational brooches and mosaic tiles.
- Like a unique jigsaw, intricate beads and jewels piece together revealing their story.
- As I find new phrases and themes that inspire me the collection will grow.
Every heart takes between 3 and 7 hours to produce, and then they are all framed in white painted wooden shadow boxes. All are priced individually depending on the treasures used and time taken to create them (some hearts are dripping with vintage jewellery and are, therefore, very expensive to produce!!). This is my way to unwind and it has quickly become my passion.
I would love these hearts to become collectors’ items to be cherished and loved and passed down through the generations.
|I will be exhibiting my hearts at The Pop-Up Gallery, New Brewery Arts, Cirencester, Gloucestershire GL7 1JH between Tuesday 28th October and Sunday 9th November 2014. This exhibition is the only opportunity to see the whole collection, along with printed cotton and linen cushions, bejewelled printed cards, mugs and coasters all derived from the heart designs (All Rights Reserved.) Because they are so tactile and intricate they are much better in reality than in photographs. I would be delighted to see you there.|